Friday, September 16, 2011

Somalia, Teledon from Mauritius

Hello, I'm back to my blog at last after this long summer period!

This weekend I had my mum on the phone, she's in Mauritius and is the owner of her pre-primary school... I was happy to hear that the Ministry of Education asked all schools kids in the island to make donations for Somalia. The school teachers explained about the situation in Somalia and during prayer time at school, my mum explained that the kids would pray for the children in Somalia. I think it's really great to educate our children on these issues and maybe they will promote social justice when they grow up.

From what I read 3 million Rupees were gathered around the country through various means, including a fund raising day on September 6th on the occasion of a Teledon.
Here's a link to an article on the Teledon - it's in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to leave a comment!