Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair etc.

My transcription business is keeping me very busy right now and I only have time to look after the family and relax with a film or a book. I'm currently enjoying Tad William's fantasy series "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" "L'Arcane des Epées". While the English version is a trilogy, the French has broken the books down to 8 volumes.
I'm now reading Volume 2 - Stone of Farewell and in my edition it's volume 3 - La maison des ancêtres - The ancestors house. Simon, once a young kitchen boy plus a magician's apprentice has traveled a long, long way and has found sword "Epine". Dark forces comprising Ineluki the Storm King and King Elias from Osten Ard have set out to dominate the world. Simon is on the side of Josua, King Elias' brother, and together with members of various peoples - the Qanucs, the Sithis, secret League of the Scroll have first to understand what's going on and try and get the world out of a terrible nightmare.



I have been shopping at our municipal library once more...


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to leave a comment!